Friday, February 10, 2012

Eleven :]

Day 11- A picture of something you hate.


Well.

This one is quite tricky. I spent pretty much all day trying to decide whether I want to do something more serious that I hate (i.e. close minded people) or something much more light hearted (i.e. sandwiches...cough amy cough)

I decided to do both....
First, something serious which I hate:

The first time I saw this iconic photograph (taken by Kevin Carter in Sudan 1993) I literally BURST into tears. Every time I happen upon it I am completely and totally humbled by it. I suppose it could stand for two things I hate: starvation/suffering and the fact that I spend all of my time worrying about my problems which aren't really all that problematic. 


On a lighter note! The second thing I hate is...
I find these stupid pictures on Facebook extremely irksome. I mean no offense to you girls who post them: I'm sure you are much more intelligent than your photographs make you seem. But these pictures come off as conceited and really get under my skin. It's not pretty. I especially hate it when they say things like "OMG i look soooo ugly here!!!" We all know you're fishing for compliments. Give it a rest.
Once again, I mean no offense. I've had those low-self esteem days too. I get that sometimes you really just want people to tell you you're pretty. But come on- you're better than this!

So there. Those are the things I hate. 
taylor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment