Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day Twenty Two

Day 22- A picture of something you wish you were better at
Sports. My complete and utter lack of athletic ability, and frankly drive, is a never ending source of frustration. I hate that I hate sports. With the exception of swim team, I do not enjoy games which require any athletic ability whatsoever.
My athletic history is a brief one. In 7th and 8th grade I was on the softball team at my school. This was only because most of my friends were playing softball at the time. In fact, in 8th grade I would have quit, but they made me co-captain... *Awkward palm tree*... On the other hand, I have swum on some type of swim team ever since I was five and strangely enough I actually enjoy it. In 7th grade I tried out for the volleyball team and got cut; this is all I'll say on that topic because talking about it still gets me down ;) I played soccer ("football" for you non-Americans) when I was a lot younger. Gross.
So there you have it. I hate hating sports. It's not that I'm lazy, although that may be a factor. It's just that I hate not being good at something. Most of you who know me well know that I must be excellent at everything I do or I beat myself up about it. Sports are an area in which I have no skill and therefore I have no desire to play them. Which is sucky.
I wish I was more athletic.
Me and my softball team at a Tides Game. Good times, Good times.
taylor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment