Hello everyone! Sorry about neglecting my blog of late...I promise to make it up to you somehow. I know I still haven't quite finished the 30 day challenge (days 26 and 30 are suspiciously, conspicuously absent. woops.) Those will be up soon-ish. Maybe. If I feel like it ;)
As you can tell from the not-so-subtle title, this post is about how psyched I am for Paris. In fact, the word "psyched" does not even BEGIN to describe how I feel. I don't remember ever being this excited for anything ever before. Period. (British Translation- full stop). Today, especially, I felt inspired by Paris and this is the result....
When I watched the movie Midnight in Paris on the plane journey home from Virginia this summer, I melted. Everything from the music to the people to the streets and the sights and the river to the cafes and the sidewalks in the opening is perfect. I know I'm gushing but hey, I'm excited. The title of the movie is a link to the opening scene, by the way, so you too can take in the beauty of Paris and feel your heart melt into a puddle. You're welcome. In fact, if you get a chance, you should check out the movie itself. I loved it as it combines two things I love: the Roaring Twenties and Paris. Some people I know (I'm not going to mention any names, Mom.) found it a bit slow so just be forewarned.
I just found this piece of artwork today and I LOVE it. I know I probably shouldn't say this because I'll "jinx" it or something, but I hope that it rains for exactly one afternoon during my stay in Paris. Preferably for exactly one afternoon, no more, no less- just so I can experience it. How fantastic does that sound??
This song is one I found just yesterday. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Paris. The people who performed it are Australian, as a matter of fact. However, it is so hauntingly beautiful that I feel like I have to share it. I spent awhile figuring out the violin part yesterday. If there are any guitarists or accordion players who would be interested in playing it with me, do let me know! Especially if you live over here. That would be helpful. I guess I'm sharing this song because it reminds me of a very romanticized, over-dramatized version of Paris. You guys know how I love overly romantic, dramatic things.
![]() |
| This is Versailles. I'm taking a day trip here... |
![]() |
| ...and here's Giverny. I'm going here on the same day trip. |
Remember how I said I like impressionism? This is called Paris by Night by Konstantin Alexeyevich Korovin. I like every painting in the series but this one is the brightest so I decided to share this one.
To conclude this ridiculously long and rambly post, here is a picture of my Paris Preparation. One map, two guidebooks, one historical book about Americans who have been inspired by Paris, and one sticky note countdown.
I hope you guys enjoyed that. Even if you didn't, I did and that's what matters, right? Right??
taylor xx




You must must must must must!!!!! TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! and then do an after post! And you should totally be all posh and be like 'ooh and when i was walking the street of PAAARIIIS!' *in an english accent of course!* ;) I'm totes excited for you btw! have fun and take care <3 xx
ReplyDeletehaha yay for posh british accents! :D Of course I'll do an after post!!! (I'll probably do more than one) I'll have to do a post on Istanbul as well :) xx
ReplyDelete