Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DAY ONE :D

Here's the thirty day challenge I'm doing with my friend Thasneem. And HERE is a link to her blog (: it is fantabulous and you should totes check it out (Don't worry, i say totes ironically :P)

Day 1- A picture of yourself with 25 facts
Well, this was quite difficult, I must confess. Who knew coming up with 25 facts about myself could be so challenging?!
1) I have played the violin since I was six years old- that’s ten years now.

2) I love writing, especially poetry. It’s my outlet.

3) I have lived overseas for a year and a half. It's...interesting, I must say.

4) My favorite place in the entire world is the window seat at my Grandparent’s home looking out over the River.

5) I am a complete and utter NERD- my worst fear is that I’ll get a bad grade on a test and then I won’t get into a college and therefore won’t have a good life. Yeah. I’m a tiny bit pathetic.

6) I have been to a total of eight schools in my life (I’m in tenth grade/ year 11).

7) When I was little, I lived in Italy and went to an Italian preschool. All I remember is being taught by some scary nuns and eating a whole lot of pasta. Supposedly I picked up some Italian while I was there.

8) As soon as I graduate from college I plan to see the world. Yes, I know that’s a bit cliché but, what can I say? I’ve got the travel bug.

9) My latest obsession is a Lavender Vanilla scented candle. It smells like heaven. And it's purple, which is a plus.

10) One of the best birthday gifts I have ever been given came from my best friend in the world: she got me a deluxe snuggie-type thing. It is the single greatest thing I own. Though when I wear it, I look like a monk.

11) I try really hard to always make a wish at 11:11 twice a day, every day. Usually I only remember and look at the clock in a panic at 11:12. Such is life.

12) I am unbelievably excited for a week-long trip to Paris I am taking this spring with my grandparents. It's my sixteenth birthday present from them. In my latest daydreams I pick out what I'm going to wear while I stroll through the streets of Paris. <3

13) I really want to be multilingual. I feel incompetent because I only speak American English.
14) I only cried ONCE while watching the Notebook. I suppose this makes me heartless...though, I cry while watching Glee quite often. Oh dear...

15) Since I was eleven (so in the last 5 years) I have been in eleven countries.

16) I make to do lists whenever I'm stressed, which is often. I find them in random places around my room all the time.

17) Chai tea is a ridiculously yummy beverage.It tastes like Christmastime in a mug!!

18) I love baking but am not all that good at it. My favorite thing to make is RAINBOW CUPCAKES!

19) I know the Arabic alphabet but no vocabulary. This means I can read things written in Arabic but I have no idea what I'm reading

20) A list of things on my bedroom walls: a colorful collage I made from photos in magazines, a happy birthday sign made for me by my sister, a poster for the last Harry Potter movie, forty four photos, three ticket stubs, a painting given to me by my grandmother, another picture which was actually painted for me by my grandmother, a list of ways to stay creative, and a bunch of peel and stick music notes.

21) If I could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of my life it would be a tie between my deliciously comfortable Uggs or my wonderfully versatile Toms. If I had to pick one? Well, that would be like choosing my favorite child!

22) I have been partially obsessed with Harry Potter since I was seven. I re-read every book each summer. To be honest, it's one of the few things that stays constant in my chaotic life. OK, so it's more than a partial obsession.

23) Monkeys used to be my favorite animal until I was attacked by one in Sri Lanka. It's a long story (and ALL my mom's fault ;D).

24) As a fourth grader (year 5), I had a short story published in an Anthology. It was about a pig named Mia HAM who liked to play soccer. I never wish to lay eyes on it again and hope all existing copies have been burnt.

25) When I'm older, I plan to see the world, live in New York City, and wear executive-type clothing. I also would like to become a published author (the horrendous pig story fiasco does not count.)

4 comments:

  1. 1. When you lived in Italy, you used to say, "I'm not piccolo, I'm grande."
    2. I have a copy of the Mia Ham story and will not give it up.
    3. I cry during Glee fairly regularly as well. I did NOT cry during the Notebook, however, as far as I can recall...
    xo, aunt j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, i love baking but im not all that good at it.. i'm mostly to blame for those cakes.. gosh. ew. haha. - amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes, yes you are mostly to blame :S
    "no taylor, that's WAY too much butter, I'm not letting you put all of that in! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete